- Lenovo Warranty Till Nov 2021
This product has a three year limited warranty and is entitled to parts, labor and on-site repair service
- Grade: A Refurbished Laptop
- Brand & Model: Lenovo X1 Carbon 8th Gen
- Processor: Intel i5 8th Generation 8350u 1.7Ghz
- Screen: 14" WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS anti-glare, 300 nits
- Memory: 8GB DDR-4
- Storage: 256 GB SSD OPAL2 PCIe TLC
- Optical Drive: N/A
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620
Input Device: QWERTY UK Back Lit Keyboard
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
- Wireless: Yes
- Webcam: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Fingerprint Reader: Yes
- Ports: 2 Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3, 2 USB 3.0, HDMI, Headphone / microphone combo jack, 4-in-1 MicroSD card reader (SD, MMC, SDHC, SDXC) , Native Ethernet dongle, Nano SIM
- Warranty: 12 Months
- Info: With its stunning, new look, the ultralight ThinkPad X1 Carbon merges elegant design, seamless responsiveness, and legendary durability to create the ultimate in mobile productivity
- ITZOO sell professionally refurbished laptops at cheap prices
After having a Macbook Air that's served me well for 7 years, when it came time to upgrade I was disappointed with the current price and keyboard quality of the current Macbook range. I decided to go for the Lenovo X1 Carbon, and it's been a pleasure to use so far, bar some fiddly setup problems.
Other reviews cover it well - it's got a brilliant keyboard which is very satisfying to type on, the build quality is exceptional, the lightness is incredible, and for a 14" laptop the screen real estate is great.
That all said, this is a premium laptop with a premium price, so I was disheartened to find out that there are problems I (and many other users, on research) experienced: audio clipping at high volumes (unresolved), occasional cursor drift due to trackpoint (unresolved), trackpad problems (fixed w/ firmware upgrade), constant high temperature problems (fixed w/ firmware, Lenovo Vantage software). Especially coming from the world of Apple, where the hardware/software integration is usually flawless, it was a bit galling to have to immediately fix some fundamental aspects of the laptop. I'd recommend anyone picking this up to use a combination of the Lenovo Vantage software and Lenovo System Update (why both?) to update all the drivers and power settings.
There were also a few problems with the set up, due to an OEM embedded Windows key in UEFI/BIOS, which meant I needed a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro to get the laptop working properly, as the supplied key was for Pro but the installed Windows version was Home. I was disappointed not to receive a response from itzoo after informing them of this problem.
Overall, a lovely laptop in great condition, delivered promptly and at a great price. Thank you.